Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hamburger with Basil-Parsley Dip

Time flies when you are having fun! It has been a year since I decided to marry my love of cooking to my love writing - and create this blog. I have loved sharing my thoughts on all sorts of things and more importantly, have loved bringing you into my kitchen! In the past year  I have posted roughly sixty different "recipes" for all of you cooks out there. One year later, I would love to know which recipes you tried and how they turned out. Did you love them? Did your friends and family love your new recipes? Are there certain types of recipes you wish you had seen more often? As I get ready to move into year two of "Un-Recipes", I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions - feel free to comment on this post or simply drop me an email at rashibrashi@me.com

Of course I can't post without adding a recipe - so I will share my sandwich I created for myself last night - I LOVED it!

Awesome Hamburger Sandwich


Hamburgers (When I made these last night they actually fell apart slightly - but they were broiled to a crisp and made for some delicious, crispy and juicy and crumbly burgers)


1 lb ground beef
Cornflake crumbs (Sorry - I'm not really sure how much I poured in..but it was just enough to get a texture that could be formed into burgers.)
1 egg
Black pepper
Garlic powder


Mix all ingredients together and form into hamburgers. Place on a cookie sheet and broil for a few minutes on low - then flip them over and broil on high until they are as done as you like.


Now for the sandwich part...


1 toasted Challah roll
Ketchup
Basil-Parsley dip (recipe to follow)
1 hamburger
Sliced avocado
Fresh baby spinach (taken from my dressed dinner salad)
Cucumber slices (taken from my dressed dinner salad)

After toasting the Challah roll I split it and spread Ketchup on the bottom half. Then I drizzled a little of the basil-parsley dip on both parts of the roll. Next up was the hamburger on the bottom, topped with avocado slices and then some spinach leaves and cucumber slices were pulled from the salad and placed on top of it all.  Place the top of the roll on top of the pile of yummies and enjoy!


Basil-Parsley Dip


Fresh basil leaves
Fresh Italian parsley leaves
Fresh garlic
Olive oil
Salt

Chop up the basil and parsley and garlic and place in a bowl. Cover the herbs with olive oil and sprinkle on a little salt. Mix and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Rashi can't believe its been a whole year!!! I really enjoy ur blog and have tried many of ur recipes. My favorite one is probably ur zuccini soup. I make it very often :)

    ReplyDelete