Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Healthy Frosty Treat


As you may have figured out by now, I like to create yummy things to eat. If you would come visit my kitchen, you would also know that I love kitchen toys, gadgets and small appliances. After all, how many people do you know with two different stand mixers, two food processors (one is most certainly not enough in my kitchen!), a hand mixer, an immersion blender, a regular blender, a sorbet maker and a deep fryer to name the more popular pieces in my kitchen. 

At some point, Levi let me know that it would be ok if I didn't buy anymore toys for our kitchen for a while - I have no idea why he said that ;)

So I was pretty good and pretty much hadn't bought anything for my kitchen for quite sometime.....until I came across the "Yonanas" machine. Luckily Levi was with me and he too agreed we should buy it and try it out. 

The "Yonanas" machine is really an incredible addition to our kitchen. Using frozen bananas and other frozen fruits of your choice, it creates a delicious - soft serve textured - frozen dessert. The frosty creations it churns out have zero fat and no added sugar. Simplicity and deliciousness at its best!

Truth be told, we were a little skeptical about this so called "super cool treat maker" but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it really does work. All you need to do is peel ripened bananas (finally - a use for those spotted bananas!) and freeze them in a container. You will also need to purchase frozen fruits or freeze some of your fresh fruit. When you are ready for a treat, you simply put the machine together and let the bananas and fruits defrost a little. Then you simply throw the fruits down the shoot - alternating bananas with other fruits - and what do you know, it comes out nice and soft. 

My favorite combination is strawberries and bananas - with a little dollop of whipped cream on the top. 

Soooo...in a nutshell - if you want a healthy, delicious and easy frozen treat - the Yonanas is the perfect solution!



No comments:

Post a Comment