Tuesday, September 25, 2012

G'mar Chatima Tova

Yom Kippur is on the way...my family and I will be joining my parents for the Seudah HaMafseket (meal before the fast), meaning that I don't have to spend all that much time in the kitchen. I was simply asked to bake honey cake and make Israeli couscous (yum!!).

May it be the will of Hashem that we should all be sealed in the book of life and experience a myriad of blessings in the coming year.

Personally, I am like my honey cake to be light and fluffy, however Levi is a big fan of the classic, traditional, heavier honey cake - so that is what I made today!

G'mar Chatima Tova!!

Classic Honey Cake

3 eggs
1 1/3 cups honey
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup coffee
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons oil
1 tsp baking soda
4 cups flour
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325.  Beat eggs and honey. Add sugar and mix again. Mix coffee with baking powder and add to the mixture  -add the oil and then mix. Combine baking soda, flour and cinnamon (I used a whole bunch) and then add to the cake batter and mix well. Bake for about an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment