Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tomato Basil Pasta


This past Shabbat, Levi and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary!! It seems like just yesterday that we celebrated our marriage together with about 700+ of our friends and family. (I guess you could say it was a big wedding - so big that we found ourselves on the cover of the Daily Break in the Sunday paper - and if you were there, you know it was BIG time fun too!) Marriage is no simple feat - for two people to create a life together and stick with each other  certainly requires plenty of love, hard work and dedication. I am so grateful to have found such an incredible man to share my life with. Levi has been by my side every step of the way - cheering me on in the great moments and helping me through the challenges we have faced. It is my wish that we should continue to have many, many more happy years together!

Last night we had family and friends over for a little dinner to celebrate :) Decided to keep things simple in the kitchen - but turned out a delicious meal if I may say so myself. We had honey-mustard grilled chicken breast (thanks for grilling in the heat Levi!), tomato-basil rotini and a garden salad. We finished it all of with delicious crepes filled with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

Today I'll share the recipe for the pasta - and the chicken recipe will follow in a few days:)


Tomato Basil Pasta

1 lb cooked rotini
Olive oil
6 big leaves fresh basil, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, drained well
Granulated garlic
Black pepper
Salt

Heat a little olive oil in a pot on a medium-high. Coat pasta in olive oil and then add chopped basil and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic (usually I use fresh garlic, but alas I didn't have any yesterday.) Stir all ingredients periodically for about 8 minutes. Remove from pot and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Many more happy and healthy years together! Sounds so delish, especially the crepes filled with strawberries and whip REcipe PLEASE :)

    ReplyDelete