Tuesday, April 3, 2012

110 Years Since the Birth of the Lubavitcher Rebbe

One hundred and ten years ago, on the 11th day of Nissan (which was today) a visionary was born into this world. With the birth of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the world was given an incredible gift.

The Rebbe was truly a visionary with an incredible mission. The Rebbe knew that there were Jewish souls all around the world with a thirst to connect with their heritage. The Rebbe knew that Judaism would need to be spread all over the globe, to places near and far. The Rebbe sent Shluchim (emissaries) all over the world who set up Chabad Houses to help accomplish this important goal. With Shluchim all around the world, people can now attend Seders in some very remote places - like Ghana for example, where one of my brother's will be leading Seders!

As a child I grew up being able to visit  the Rebbe and receive his blessings many times over the years. These special occasions have remained with me throughout the years and I feel  privileged to have been able to meet such an inspiring leader.

As I run our Chabad House together with my parents and my husband, I am honored that we are able to do our part to bring Judaism to life for so many people in the Tidewater area. It is our hope that our work will make our Rebbe proud!

In order to celebrate this special day in our home, I decided that I would make a great dinner - even with all of the hustle and bustle of Pesach preps. I created a new baked salmon dish and served it with green beans and roasted potatoes. My family and I had took a few moments during dinner to say "L'chaim!" and speak about the Rebbe.

Tomato-Basil Salmon


Salmon fillets
Lemon juice
Campari tomatoes (or tomatoes of your choice)
Fresh garlic
Fresh basil
Olive oil
Salt
Oregano


Preheat oven to 375. 
Place salmon fillets in a glass baking dish and sprinkle a little lemon juice on each one. 
In a food processor (fitted with a chopping blade) blend the tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and oregano. When mixture is a fine puree, spoon over then salmon. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment