Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Un-Recipes Is Born





I don't know how or when it happened, but one day I realized that I had a calling for cooking. Maybe it happened after I got married and realized that if Levi and I wanted to eat, I was going to have to cook it. Maybe it happened when we started having large crowds of people for Shabbat dinner. However it started, I eventually came to discover that I have a great love for cooking (and for eating too!)

Of course I have a collection of cookbooks sitting on my kitchen bookshelf, and yes, I spend hours looking through all of these books. (The Kosher By Design series are my favorites!) Over time, I have taken lots of recipes from lots of places and made so many changes that they have evolved into my own.

While I LOVE to cook, I do NOT love to follow a recipe. Many things that I create simply don't have any exact measurements - so I call them, "Un-Recipes".

I hope you will enjoy reading my posts as I take you into my kitchen. I will share how "recipes" came about and of course share lots of "Un-Recipes" with you. From time to time I will also share my thoughts on some of my favorite ingredients and of course my favorite kitchen tools (and I have many!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment