Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Honey Mustard Salmon

On Monday I decided I was in the mood for some fish. Being that nice husband that he is, Levi went off to the fish store to see what they had gotten in fresh. He came home with a super fresh, beautiful pink salmon that had come in just that morning.

When Levi brought the fish home he let me know that they said it was a sushi grade fish - so he proceeded to have some some sashimi with soy sauce. Having never tasted sushi or sashimi (I've always been terrified to try raw fish) I decided to give it a go - and ate my first piece of sashimi :)

Then I got to work on making dinner. I wanted to have dinner in the oven within about 30 minutes so that I could head out to take my kids bowling.  I quickly washed potatoes and put them in the oven to bake. Then I got to work on slicing mushrooms and onions for a mushroom sauce for the potatoes. Sauce made I quickly created a honey-mustard dressing for the salmon and popped it in the oven. Then I grabbed a bag of washed and ready to cook green beans from the fridge, seasoned them and set them to cook in the microwave. Everything in place I asked Levi to please "babysit" dinner and make the salad.

When we got back from bowling we sat down to dinner - and then I discovered that the honey-mustard mix I put together was the perfect match for the salmon. So...here's the "recipe" for the honey-mustard salmon.

Honey Mustard Salmon

Salmon fillets
Salt
French's mustard
Honey
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder

Preheat oven to 375. Rinse fish and place in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle fish with salt. In a bowl, mix equal parts mustard and honey. Add pepper, garlic and onion powder to the honey-mustard mixture. Mix well. Spoon sauce onto fish. Place fish, uncovered, into the oven. Bake for about 20 or so minutes, until fish flakes easily.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment