Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Broccoli Brunch

Every now and then I get a lazy Sunday morning...today was one of those days! Got up late and finally decided to head down the stairs at about 10:00 :) Decided to lace up my running shoes and head outside to run to  my daily mile while the temperature was still about 86 (yea - factor in the heat index..and it was HOT!!) My kids saw me gearing up and decided that they wanted to join me too...so we did a 5 minute walk for a warm up and then they ran around the block with me before I finished off my mile. I love getting my workout in first thing in the morning...leaves me feeling energized for the rest of my day! Back at home, after I had finally cooled off, I decided to make mix broccoli into my scrambled eggs for brunch...was delish.

Broccoli Scambled Eggs

Canola oil
Fresh broccoli florets - cut into smaller pieces
Eggs
Salt
Pepper
Garlic

Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan. When oil is hot, add the cut up broccoli to the frying pan and sauté until almost soft. While broccoli is cooking, mix up the eggs with some salt, pepper and garlic. Add eggs too broccoli and stir frequently until cooked as desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment