Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

It makes me laugh to think of the foods that I hated as a child and love now! There were certain foods that my mother would always tell me were delicious, and I would always let her know just what I thought of those foods. I could never understand why people would eat sweet potatoes - and now I adore sweet potatoes. I couldn't fathom eating the dark meat of chicken - and now I am happy to. Amongst the foods on my "do not eat" list was peanut butter. I remember my mother telling me that I should try eating a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich and I also remember tasting it. I have this memory of standing at the sink drinking cups and cups of water after taking one little bite - because I couldn't stand the taste of peanut butter.

Well, fast forward a good number of years, and I am now in love with peanut butter! 

My father is the Kosher certifying rabbi at a peanut butter factory and the other day he brought me a bucket of peanut butter - fresh off the production line! Having a tub of super fresh peanut butter could only mean one thing for last night's Torah and Tea snack - peanut butter cookies! The cookies turned out great - and we even tried some with a little strawberry jelly:)

Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
White sugar for top of cookies

Pre-heat oven to 350. (I put my oven on convection for these cookies.)
Place peanut butter and both sugars in a bowl. Mix well using a hand mixer. Add the egg and baking powder. Mix well again. 

Using your hands, roll the dough into little balls and then gently push them down. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Dip a fork in sugar and then proceed to create criss cross marks on each cookie. (You will have to dip the fork in the sugar for each cookie.)




No comments:

Post a Comment