Thursday, April 5, 2012

Strawberry Sorbet

In case you didn't already know, I love dessert. Sometimes I will figure out what we will have for dessert before I even come up with the Shabbat dinner menu :)

So it shouldn't surprise you that I needed a Pesach friendly dessert :) In our home we use only a select few processed foods, so this makes desserts a little more complicated for Pesach - making sorbet the perfect solution.

Luckily for me, sorbet happens to be VERY easy to make - because as you can imagine there isn't all that much spare time when trying to pull off two large Seders.

As we get ready to celebrate our freedom from Egypt so many years ago, I would like to wish you a wonderful Pesach!!



Strawberry Sorbet


A quick note about making sorbet...the best way to make sorbet is to use a sorbet maker. I have the Cuisinart one and LOVE it! It is my understanding that sorbet can be made without the machine, you would just need to keep taking the sorbet out of the freezer and stirring it as it freezes.


Fresh strawberries
Sugar syrup (1 cup water to 1 cup sugar)


Puree strawberries in a food processor.  Pour the pureed strawberries into a frozen sorbet maker bowl. Add the sugar syrup. Allow the mixture to spin in the machine for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a container and freeze. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment