Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Tomato Mango Salad

This recipe was created out of desperation one Friday night. I don't recall what the issue was, but for some reason I found myself lacking the correct ingredients for whatever was on the menu that night. With people standing around my table, singing Shalom Aleichem, I eyeballed the kitchen and hoped to figure something out. That's when the mangos caught my eye. I quickly diced up a mango, threw in some of the grape tomatoes sitting on my counter, added a few more things, and placed the salad on the table just at the right time. Then I waited - to see if anyone would eat it.
Sure enough...this salad took off like wildfire and is finished to the last drop each and every time I make it. 
(PS you can try some tomorrow night at YAD-Chabad Shabbat - just email me at rashibrashi@me.com if you would like to come!)
Here's how to make it in your home:) - please keep in mind that I have no clue on real measurements that I have used..so you will have to do a little experimenting!

Tomato Mango Salad
2 mangos - diced
1 can mandarin oranges
3 scallions - thinly sliced
a handful of craisins
1 red pepper
1 small container grape tomatoes - cut in half, length wise
Once it is all in the bowl...you add the dressing..again, you will have to make it up as you go:)
rice vinegar, canola oil, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar (or splenda), tiny bit of lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment