Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What's For Lunch?

Running our Chabad House programming from home certainly has its perks! I love that I can take a little break and create myself a dazzling lunch when I feel like it! Today I decided to take out my Cuisinart Griddler and create a grilled chicken panini. I LOVE my Griddler - it works as a griddle, an open indoor grill and as a panini press. Creating a panini is really very simple - you simply need some bread and lots of yummy things to put inside your sandwich. To assemble today's panini I put scallion dip (recipe coming another day!) on one slice of bread and ketchup on the other and then I added thinly sliced grilled chicken breast (dinner leftovers from Monday), a bread and butter pickle spear, a few slices of avocado and a few sliced grape tomatoes - and then closed my sandwich. The big, beautiful sandwich was then placed into the Griddler which was preheated to high. After a few minutes, my sandwich was all pressed and ready to eat - and I have to say, it was delicious!!  If you have a panini press, make sure you use it and try a wide variety of sandwiches in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment