Monday, January 9, 2012

Spinach Pesto Pasta

Every now and then I make the decision to try to incorporate some dishes into my family's meals. Usually what ends up happening is that I'll sit down with a stack of cookbooks and look for something new to make - but then I just end up falling back on my regular go to foods. 

Last week was one of those "let's eat something new" weeks. On Sunday I looked through two cookbooks and a food magazine and came across a pasta with spinach recipe. 

I made a note to use that for an idea during the week - in the end, things got busy and sure enough we were eating our regular dinner foods. 

This week I decided to roll over last week's pasta with spinach idea to be used this week and what do you know, it actually got done!

I love pasta - and a super fast, healthy and delicious sauce makes it even better!

This sauce can be made in less than five minutes - and I found it to be very tasty.

Spinach Pesto Pasta

Fresh baby spinach (I used a few handfulls)
A few cloves fresh garlic (I used two)
4 big basil leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt to taste

Place spinach (don't forget to check for bugs!) in a food processor and pulse until all of the leaves are finely chopped. Add in basil leaves and garlic. Pulse a few times and then drizzle in the olive oil. Process once  more for just a few seconds and presto - your sauce is all done!

Toss with warm pasta and stir over a high fire for just a few minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment